The State of the Map 2009 brings you three days of map filled excitement.
Day 1: OSM in Business, Government and NGOs
Click here for the schedule for the Pro Users’ Day.
Learn how your business, governmental or non-governmental organization can benefit from OpenStreetMap’s rich dataset and how your organization can contribute back and guarantee the success of the project.
- Your organization is paying high license fees for map data that comes with restrictive licenses
- You’ve heard of crowd-sourcing and want to understand more about the benefits it can bring to your business.
- Your department is looking for more effective ways to engage your customers or constituents?
If any of these sound familiar, you should attend the State of the Map and learn more about how open geodata can benefit your organization. Highlights of the Pro-Users’ Day include talks be renowned GIS industry figures including former Intergraph CTO and industry commentator, Peter Batty and OpenStreetMap Founder and mapping visionary, Steve Coast as well as case studies of OpenStreetMap data being put to use across a huge range of industries from local goverment to start-ups and from LBS to journey planning.
Themes for Friday’s sessions include:
- Crucially Independent – Why an independent third data source is vital for consumers of geodata
- The Crowd Sourced Advantage – What is crowd sourcing and how does it relate to map data?
- Safe and Secure – Delivering reliable, high quality products and services with OSM data
- Serving the Public - Using OSM data to provide better services to citizens in Local and National Government
Who should attend the Pro-Users’ Day
Business owners, Profit and non-profit organisations, GIS professionals, OpenSource consultants, Product Managers, Marketing Managers who want to learn about Open Geodata and how this can be used in their business processes, OpenStreetMappers who are interested in the growing use of their data.