The OpenStreetMap Foundation is excited to provide full travel and accomodations costs for 15 mappers to attend State of the Map. We sought nominations of people from places where costs would prohibit attendance, especially developing countries and places that are “interesting” geopolitically. The scholarships will provide an opportunity for these leaders of nascent OSM communities to network, learn, and find the inspirations and support to take OSM to the next level.
From 35 nominations, in 19 countries, we had the difficult task of choosing 15 recipients. Barring any unexpected problems (and sorting out the arrangements in short time has been no easy task either), we will have the honor of welcoming the following mappers to Amsterdam.
- Abdel Hassan from Cairo, Egypt
- Anas Maraqa from Palestinian West Bank
- Anatolie Golovco from Moldova
- Arlindo Pereira from Brazil
- Arun Ganesh from Chennai, India
- Asif Rasul from Punjab, Pakistan
- Ciprian Talaba from Romania
- Claudomiro Nascimento Jr from Brazil
- Freddy Rivera from Colombia
- Giorgi Gujabidze from Tbilisi, Georgia
- H.S. Rai from Punjab, India
- Jorge Luis BATISTA Echevarría from Havana, Cuba
- Julio Costa Zambelli from Vina del Mar, Chile
- Khanh Le Ngoc Quoc from Vietnam
- Nic Roets from Johannesburg, South Africa
Many thanks go to the Open Society Institute for helping to make this happen.